Latest update: July 5, 2022
Proof Analytics values your privacy and works with technical and organizational security measures to ensure that your privacy is not violated. We process your personal data in accordance with applicable EU data protection and privacy laws.
1. What type of data do we collect?
“Personal data” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as: name, title, company name, job role, expertise, postal address, telephone number, IP-address or email address.
2. How do we collect personal data?
We may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through Digital Channels: We may collect personal information through our Digital Channels, e.g., when you subscribe to a newsletter, register for a webinar, contact us, download content (e.g. whitepapers), or register to use a service.
- Offline: We may collect personal information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact customer service.
- Information from other sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
3. Why we process and share your data?
We process and share your personal data with other companies for the purposes of (i) performing our contractual obligations and the obligations set forth by applicable law and regulatory authorities; (ii) providing and administering access to services that you have requested (iii) answering customer service matters and correcting mistakes; (iv) enhancing your user experience in Digital Channels; (v) providing you, as a user of products and services, with advertisements, offers, and recommendations that are personalized and adapted based on data we have about you; (vi) analysing market trends and future demands; (vii) further developing our products and services (among other things, by adapting such services to what we believe to be the users’ wishes).
Proof Analytics social media pages
When you use our Digital Channels, you may share information on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter, through an implemented social plug-in (such as a Like button). If you choose to share information via a social plug-in, your browser will transfer the following data to the social medium:
- Date and time of your visit
- The internet address or URL for the address you are temporarily visiting
- Your IP address
- The browser you are using
- The operating system you are using
- Your username and password and, where applicable, whether you are a registered user of the social medium, your first name and surname
- The information for which you have used this specific plug-in
With respect to such information, we refer to the terms and conditions for the relevant social medium (we have no influence over the information that the social medium collects through the use of plug-ins). You can block social plug-ins in your browser settings.
In some cases, we may buy or sell assets or businesses. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Proof Analytics may disclose personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. How do we use personal data?
To give you a better user experience
We use personal data to provide you with more user-friendly services. This relates primarily to your experience of our website and with registration and login procedures. Personal data is also processed with the aim of being able to adapt the viewing of content on Digital Channels, to the device you use and provide you with an enhanced user experience.
To personalize offerings, recommendations, and advertisements
We want to provide you with recommendations, customized services, event invitations and relevant advertising based on your interests and use of our Digital Channels. This information also enables us to provide digital campaigns customized to each individual user so that you can receive relevant marketing communication based on your personal information.
To analyze market trends and further develop our offer
We use personal data to better understand market trends, and thereby improve and develop our websites, product offerings, and services.
To prevent, limit, and investigate abuse
We need personal data about user activities and technical data to prevent, limit, and investigate various types of abuse of our Digital Channels, such as the presentation of false profiles, spamming, harassment, attempts to log into other users’ accounts, as well as other behavior which is prohibited by law.
5. How does Proof Analytics secure personal data?
We have implemented organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your personal information, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100 percent secure from intrusion or hacking. There is therefore always some risk assumed by sharing personal information online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us should not be secure, please contact us immediately (see “Contact” below).
6. For how long will we store your personal data?
7. Opting out
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communication by sending an email to email@example.com or by unsubscribing through the unsubscribe or opt-out link in any email. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
8. How can you access, correct or remove data?
If you would like to access, correct, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any personal information about you that has been collected and stored by Proof Analytics, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
9. Third Party Sites
11. Transfer of data to a non-EU/EEA country
If we transfer your personal data to recipients in a country outside of the EU/EEA we enter agreements and take other measures in accordance with applicable law requirements.
12. When this policy does not apply
13. How to contact us
Your privacy matters. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail:
Proof Data Corporation, 2100 West Loop South, Suite 1125, Houston, Texas 77027
Proof Analytics will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.